Short-term visa (shall be designated by the letter C, in the machine readable zone - VC).
The foreigners shall arrange a short-term visa for entry into Ukraine if the period of their stay in Ukraine does not exceed 90 days within 180 days from the date of the first entry.
The short-term visa is issued as a single-entry, two-time or multiply entry.
The validity of the short-term visa is set for six months or in the exceptional cases for the period specified in the documents, which are the basis for issuing such a visa, but this period shall not be longer than five years.
The basis for issuing the short-term visa is one of the following documents:
- an invitation from the legal entity that is registered in Ukraine; the invitation shall be issued on the official form and contain a number of the entity in the Unified State Register of Legal Entities, Individuals - Entrepreneurs and Public Associations, registration number, date and signature, surname, name, parental name of the invited person, information about his/her date and place of birth, citizenship, passport document requisites, place of residence, purpose of travel, period of the planned visit of Ukraine, number of entries and place of stay in Ukraine, obligations of the legal entity to incur the possible expenses connected with the stay and departure from Ukraine of the invited person;
- a notarized invitation from a citizen of Ukraine or foreigner, who is temporarily or permanently residing on the territory of Ukraine on legal grounds. The invitation shall contain surname, name, parental name of the individual, requisites of a passport document and permanent or temporary residence permit (for foreigners), residential address, as well as surname, name, parental name of the invited person, information about his/her date and place of birth, citizenship, passport document requisites, place of residence, purpose of travel, period of the planned visit of Ukraine, number of entries and place of stay in Ukraine, obligations of the individual to incur the possible expenses connected with the stay and departure from Ukraine of the invited person. Copies of the passport document and permanent or temporary residence permit (for foreigners) of the person-host party shall be attached to the invitation;
- an invitation from the state body, state institution, state enterprise or state organization;
- an agreement on the transportation of goods and passengers by automobile transport, as well as a license for international transportation;
- a certificate of a foreign Ukrainian. The spouse of a foreign Ukrainian and his/her children shall submit a document confirming the relationship of kinship;
- an invitation from the medical institution;
- a document confirming investmentactivities in accordance with the legislation on the regime of foreign investments on the territory of Ukraine;
- a document confirming the foreigner's real estate title on the territory of Ukraine;
- an invitation from a religious organization coordinated with the state body of Ukraine that registered a statute (regulation) of the relevant religious organization for a short stay with the purpose of preaching religious beliefs, performing religious rites or other canonical activities;
- an application of a foreign mass media for a visa for a foreign correspondent or representative of a foreign mass media who travels to Ukraine for a short stay in order to fulfill his/her official duties;
- applications of state authorities of foreign countries or international organizations;
- Resolution of the Central Election Commission on the registration of official observers from foreign states and international organizations in the elections of the President of Ukraine, people's deputies of Ukraine, local elections and all-Ukrainian referendum;
- a document confirming that a foreigner is a husband, wife, father, mother, child of a citizen of Ukraine.
The short-term visa may also be issued upon a written decision of the head of a foreign diplomatic institution of Ukraine or the department of the consular service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in case of entry into Ukraine of the foreigner with the purpose of securing interests in the sphere of foreign and domestic policy or in cases that are of a humanitarian nature.
In addition, the basis for issuing the short-term visa is a document that confirms a tourist nature of the trip. In accordance with the provisions of the Articles 20 and 23 of the Law of Ukraine “On tourism” dated September 15, 1995 No 324/95-ВР such document shall be a contract for tourist services or a tourist voucher (a kind of a contract for tourist services).
The visas for the entry into Ukraine of citizens of Australia, Antigua and Barbuda, the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, Barbados, the Kingdom of Bahrain, the Republic of Vanuatu, the Republic of Guatemala, the Republic of Honduras, Grenada, the Commonwealth of Dominica, the Republic of India, the Republic of Indonesia, the State of Qatar, the People's Republic of China, the State of Kuwait, the Republic of Mauritius, Malaysia, the United Mexican States, the Federated States of Micronesia, New Zealand, the United Arab Emirates, the Sultanate of Oman, the Republic of Palau, the Republic of Peru, the Independent State of Samoa, the Republic of El Salvador, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the Republic of Seychelles, Saint-Vincent and the Grenadines, the Republic of Singapore, The Democratic Republic of East Timor, the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu may be issued at the checkpoint on the State Border by the Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine or the Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the territory of Ukraine.