The list of goods that may belong to personal possessions
According to the provisions of the article 370 of the Customs Code of Ukraine approved by the Law of Ukraine dated March 13, 2012 No. 4495-VI personal possessions may include the following ones:
- goods of personal hygiene and individual cosmetics in the quantity satisfying needs of one person for a trip;
- clothes, linen, footwear having personal character, intended only for personal use and having signs of the things which were in use;
- personal jewelry, including ones made of precious metals and stones having signs being in the use;
- individual written and office supplies;
- one camera, one film, video camera along with reasonable quantity of photo, video, films and additional accessories;
- one movable projector and accessories to it along with reasonable quantity of slides and/or films;
- portable musical instruments in number of no more than two pieces;
- one portable sound-reproducing device (including the tape recorder, dictaphone, CD player, etc.) along with reasonable quantity of films, plates, disks;
- one portable radio receiver;
- cell (mobile) phones in number of no more than two pieces, pagers;
- one portable TV;
- portable personal computers in number of no more than two pieces and the peripheral equipment and belongings to such items; a flash card in number of no more than three pieces;
- one movable typewriter;
- calculators, e-book readers in number of no more than two pieces;
- individual products of medical appointment for ensuring life activity of the person and control of the state with signs of the things which were in use;
- usual and/or walking baby carriages in the quantity comprising with the number of the children crossing the border together with the foreigner (and in case of absence of children - in number of no more than one piece);
- one wheelchair on each disabled person who crosses the customs border of Ukraine (and in case of absence of such a person - in number of no more than one piece);
- hours in number of no more than two pieces;
- 0,5 liters of toilet water and/or 100 grams of spirits;
- sports equipment - the bicycle, fishing rod, set of climbing equipment, equipment set for scuba diving, set of skis, set of tennis rackets, surfboard, windsurfing board, equipment set for golf, other similar equipment that is intended to be used by one person;
- other goods intended for ensuring daily needs of the citizen which list and limiting quantity in addition may be defined by laws of Ukraine.
Medicines which are transported (sent) across the customs border of Ukraine may also belong to personal possessions.
Apart from that, special baby food for the children sick with fenilketonuriya or other disease who require special food which is not being produced (is not being realized) in Ukraine may belong to personal possessions.
The volume of medicines and baby food which is allowed for import into the customs area of Ukraine is established by the provisions of paragraphs 1 and 2 of the part 1 of the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On volumes and the procedure of import by citizens into the customs area of Ukraine of medicines and special baby food”, dated May 23, 2012 No458.